Lost Sister

Dateline Australia

10 posts in this topic

Dear all, 

We have a researcher on our Site...

Dateline is a very respected program known for its sensitive intelligent approach, part of the SBS Group.

Pip, is looking for a new Angle from which to present GSA.

Everything up to date focuses on that dreaded S word, and we all know that is the consequence not the Driving force of our GSA experiences..

Please have a think and see if you can come up with a new and different angle

We often use words like obsession, soulmate, & exhilaration to describe our experience with our GSA partner.

Isn't it feasible to express GSA as a once in a lifetime experience where we've found someone who consumes us as no one else ever did, & in ways no one else ever has?  

except there are some of us whop HAVE been consumed by someone else in the same way as with our GSA partners...

Serena vouches for this...and I also have my own story of "desperate Obsession", apart from my H/B

...lets open this up for discussion.....

I've had relationships galore, & yes I've had some that were very intense. My wife & I have a relationship of love, commitment, & security where all other relationships pale in comparison. The love I feel for her is definitely the type I've longed for all my life. But even it pales in comparison to the intensity & obsession that I felt for my h/s. Maybe age, hormones, & a lack of maturity has a lot to do with those things.

I guess you could say that in my wife, I've found the TRUE love of my life, & it's the most fulfilling relationship & emotion I've ever had with any woman. But even so, the obsession & willingness to do just about anything to be with my h/s, is still the most consuming thing I've experienced.   

My experience was meeting myself in someone else, all the good and the bad. As it is, I am very obsessive and nearly all my relationships were very obsessive other than that with my husband which I conciously chose and through which I learnt the meaning of love.

I like Cedar ,also had the most intense obsession imagineable for almost 5 years and fortunately because of the forum, mourning and grieving , seeing it for what it was I have been able to largely get over it , hooray.

I think it felt like a mirror and the 'ultimate' obsessive relationship, like the pinnacle of what my deep down core issues were really all about and facing the issues has been so liberating that I don't think I will ever have another obsession like that again. I think I can safely say it was my ultimate test.

Edited by Judy

It was nice to chat lol

Biological response .. ie the scientific facts of falling in love.

The adrenaline kicking in meeting/speaking to new/long lost family leading to a more likely biological response known and proven to cause desire.

Basically fact

Thats good ..thanks Serena..anyone else wish to weigh in on this????

The angle of Control.

I'm not sure how to put it exactly.

It starts off wonder-full and soon turns to wonder-lust...and you're floating in it carefree.

.....and then it all becomes SIniSTER.

Every exit is blocked with pain.

Maybe it's the addiction.

Or the Narcissist.

Or the Empath.

For me GSA is overwhelmingly dark, destructive and devilish.

I, like Serena, think it's a biological response initially. That powerful familiar connection can quickly trigger the body in motion for the physical connection at the same time.... a complete merging of two genetically bound souls.....

Or the word 'phenomenon' has a nice scientific ring to it !!